Friday, August 14, 2009

Stats Update

OK, so, while perusing Ek on HB, I noticed that he no longer uses his rating system and it's harder to tell when he's actually putting a rumour out there or he's using his own speculation, which makes things harder to tell. Convenient for him I guess as he gets to say he called it if the trade or signing happens and call it his own speculation if what he says never happens. Also of note, is his tendancy to edit previous posts to reflect on him a little better.
I got through June 15th to June 21st and he had one correct (The Suter to coach the Flames one that everyone saw coming).
There were some that weren't even close and a couple that were close as well. My favourite one was the Flyers going after the LA pick in the draft and all that was seemingly required was Scott Hartnell.
Most of his rumours can be traced to forums like www.hfboards.com and believe me, there are a lot of posters there that make speculation trades and Ek seems to snag 'em up if there are enough replies.
Luckily, I am no longer a member there and freely talk of trades more plausible on www.hockeybroads.com with much better analysis from quality posters.
I post there as well and I'd suggest you check out my Former Teams posts on the Whalers, Nordiques and the Jets. Some good news from their NHL and WHA days and maybe even a couple things you never knew about them.

Please help me welcome our newest author, Brock Beliveau. I've known Brock for some time online now and he has some very good insights to the game and will be a valuable author on here. He's quite a bit better at the number crunching than I am and he'll be more adept to the stats stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment